- Web Bots
- Ron Paul Truth
- Disinfo and Conspiracy
- We The People...
- Freedom, Liberty, Sovereignty
- OWS and Occupy Earth
- Earth and Space
- Sustainable Living
- Fluoride, Artificial Sweeteners, Vaccines, and oth...
- Cure Cancer - Holistic Therapie
- Home Schooling
- Stop Animal Cruelty and Abuse
- Silver (and Gold)
- California is going to the dogs...
- Astrology and Subtle Energies
- Beyond the Matterium...
- Out There...
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Posted by Astrochik at 10:26 PM
A perfect storm happens when two conditions converge to amplify each other's effects. Two conditions are creating what may become the perfect storm for transmission of Lyme disease this spring:
These two conditions mean tons of deer ticks that are hungry and lacking their typical food supply. You could be their next meal.
- An unusually warm winter, which left deer ticks alive, hungry and looking for a meal.
- A dramatic flip-flop in the acorn cycle: A large crop of acorns in the fall of 2010 and a very small crop in 2011 in the East. This means fewer mice for the ticks to feed upon, as I explain below.
Posted by Astrochik at 10:20 PM